- How mammals’ brains evolved to distinguish odors is nothing to sniff at
- Math explains how the brain transitions for consciousness to subliminal perception
- Study sheds light on the darker parts of our genetic heritages
- Pioneering new study on dopamine and stress
- Take a Warm Bath 1-2 hours Before Bedtime to Get Better Sleep
- Emotion-detection applications built on outdated science
- Newly discovered neural pathway processes acute light to affect sleep
- Lower childhood IQ linked to Alzheimer’s later in life
- Taking out the Protein Garbage Becomes More Difficult as Neurons Age
- Astronauts less likely to faint on Earth if they exercise in space: Findings may help others with fainting issues
- [Review] An update on anti-NMDA receptor encephalitis for neurologists and psychiatrists: mechanisms and models
- [Review] Diagnosis, prognosis, and treatment of leukodystrophies
- [Corrections] Correction to Lancet Neurol 2019; 18: 653–65
- [In Context] The pain of a migraine
- [Corrections] Correction to Lancet Neurol 2019; 18: 329–31
What is AINPeNC Neuropathology began to develop in Italy at the beginning of the 20th century, cultivated above all in psychiatric hospitals where autopsies were performed on patients who had died there. The principal subject of study was obviously dementia. Later on the discipline expanded its field of interest so much that it covered the full sphere of neuropathology; further expansion took place at University institutes of Neurology by including neurobiology interests related to the functioning of the Nervous System. In addition to the name of Nobel Prize winner Camillo Golgi, who was not only an expert in the apparatus named for him, but also a famous pathologist interested in anatomo clinical correlation other Italian neurologists and psychiatrists acquired fame.After the last World War, the importance of Neuropathology grew in Italy. It was introduced as a course in the Schools of Specialization in Neurology and Neurosurgery and over the last ten years also for the degree in Medicine and Surgery. Collocated in the area of neurology, the increment of its development was seen parallel to the development of the department of Neurosurgery. As in practice as in research it extended principally to cover, other than dementia, the fields of cerebral tumors, of muscular pathology and the peripheral nervous system. In 1966 the Italian Association of Neuropathology was born, as well as Section of the Italian Society of Neurology and later as a coordinated Association, with a number of members that arrived at 200 unities. Two years ago the teaching of the science was transferred by the Ministry of Public Instruction from the area of neurology to that of anatomic pathology, but the discipline continued to be cultivated in the Neurological Departments. Over the last few years Italian Neuropathology underwent the same modifications during which it went on to meet worldwide Neuropathology, above all connected to the development of genetic and molecular biology and more sophisticated similar disciplines. Its differentiation from Neurosciences became much less definite less distinct, while its connections to the Neurological Clinics, Neurosurgery and Neuroimaging became stronger, precisely because of the development of refined molecular techniques
283_History of Neuropathology
55th Congress of the Italian Association of Neuropathology and Clinical Neurobiology
45th Congress of the Italian Association for Cerebral Aging Research
23-25 May 2019 BOLOGNA
INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE CORRECT IMPLEMENTATION OF THE SCIENTIFIC CONTRIBUTION.
The presentation of scientific papers related to the theme of the congress is expected.
The abstracts, written in English, must be received by the deadline of 10 April 2019.
Any texts received after this date cannot be accepted.
Submission of contributions must be made exclusively by electronic means by sending the documentation to the e-mail address email@example.com.
The Organizing Secretariat will give written notification of the acceptance to the presenter by April 20, 2019. To present the contribution accepted by the Scientific Committee it is necessary to
pay the congressional registration fee by April 30, 2019.
Instructions for the correct drafting of the scientific contribution All the abstracts must be presented exclusively in English with an accurate check of the grammar.
The authors will be held responsible for the content of the contributions. Please express your preference for the presentation method (oral or poster communication).
Organize the contribution as follows:
• Abstract title in capital letters, bold type • In a new line enter the names of the authors (first name, surname, no academic titles)
• In a new line insert the authors’ affiliations (as briefly as possible: department, clinic or institution, city) for each co-author
• After a space insert the text of the abstract without paragraphs. Maximum length: 400 words
• Structuring the contribution according to the following sections: objectives, materials, method, results, discussion, conclusions
• Statements such as “results will be discussed”, “data will be presented” will not be accepted
• Illustrations or tables cannot be inserted
• The authors will not receive proofs for the correction. For any other information concerning the preparation of the scientific contribution, please contact the organizing secretary firstname.lastname@example.org tel. 0577 286003
Prof.ssa Giovanna Cenacchi